Monday, October 31, 2011

Brick-or-Treat



Although we dreamed up this little of idea of dressing as a Lego family for Halloween months ago I procrastinated and did not finish the costumes until Sunday night! Since I'm not a seamstress, wrapping boxes and gluing on circles is my best attempt at homemade! I even added little circles to the boys' treat bags so that they were Legos too! I must admit the Legos turned out adorable! I made Bryce's first and it was cute, Hudson's second and it was cuter, Daddy's third...you get the picture...the more Legos we added the cuter it looked! We got lots of compliments as we all walked down the street together. It was a bit difficult to bend over or to walk up steps, but we all managed and even got a few chuckles out of it! Since I waited until the last minute to make our costumes I didn't have a lot of time to try different methods for gluing on our pegs. I used hot glue which didn't stick very well and everyone was losing their pegs throughout the night. Noni's last house thought she was a...box (more chuckles!) Hudson chose all of our colors for us and he never changed him mind! We always remained the color he "assigned" us. This year was a ton of fun. Bryce wore his costume like a champ up until the very end. It was cold. He fell. Game over! I had to take my box off so that I could hold Bryce (who's box also had to be removed). Daddy hobbled back to our house in his box carrying our two boxes...insert chuckles ;). Once we got home we had lasagna for dinner with Noni and Papa who trick-or-treat with us every year! We had a blast and I'm already dreaming up family costumes for next year!

No comments: