Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mission:Smile

Like most new moms I read all of the baby books to make sure that my little one's development is on track. Today I discovered that most babies should genuinely start smiling between 1 and 2 months old. Well, so far I've only caught Hudson smiling in his sleep so I was on a mission to get a real smile out of him. Our morning started out under the toy bar. Music should make him smile, right? NOPE. Okay, how about looking in the mirror?...still nothing. Almost feeling defeated, I left him in search of something amusing and as soon as I returned empty handed, I got great big huge beautiful smiles. LOTS of them. I was just sooo excited. I guess all he needed to smile was to see his mommy! Too bad I wasn't quicker with the camera...these smiles were caught at the end but they should still bring a smile to your face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh sooooo cute!!!!

Noni said...

Could he be any sweeter! Love that smile.
Noni

kristen said...

how exciting! smiles are the best. no matter how tired you are or how fussy they have been, they can give you that big gummy grin and you forget everything and are just overwhelmed with love :)