Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

Today Hudson is 2 1/2 years old! Wow, I can't believe that in six more months we'll have a 3 year old! So far the terrible two's have been nothing of the sorts! Hudson rarely has meltdowns, if ever, except when sleepy... He might get a little whiny and doesn't listen as well then, but if this is the worst it gets then I'd say we hit the lottery!! Since Hudson received Toy Story 3 from Santa he has become very good at using his imagination and playing with his toys. I think we should credit the movie with him learning how toys are meant to be played with! Hudson is still an extremely picky eater. I swear he'd live on chocolate or strawberry milk if possible. Hudson is a french fry eater! I never thought that I'd be looking forward to the day when all he wants to eat is pizza or hot dogs! Even that would be an improvement over what he wants now. Luckily he'll eat peanut butter and fruit! When Hudson plays with his brother it looks more like torture. He always hugs him at his waist until they both fall onto the floor AND then he won't let go. Poor Bryce lays beneath Hudson screaming for help all the while Hudson is laughing! Hudson loves to play with kids, especially bigger ones. He surprised us at how outgoing he was at Bound Around this past weekend. He followed a little girl, probably about 6, around everywhere and kept asking her "what's your name?"! I wish I had as much energy as Hudson. I mean, really, he's only 2 1/2 and he no longer naps (which Mommy and Noni are not fans of)! He usually wakes between 8:30 and 9:00...and it's still a struggle to get him to bed at night. Lately he's been falling asleep just before 11. Needless to say, we're working on changing that schedule a little. We haven't gotten rid of the binky at bedtime yet and still need potty trained. Wow, we're going to have a busy 2011! Of all of the things I want to remember most of Hudson at 2 1/2 it would be how sweet and loving he is! Just tonight he said "give me a hug!"...this was while he was standing in the bathtub, soaking wet but how could I pass up such a sweet request? I didn't...I got myself a wet hug! He then proceeded to say "hug my nose"! I'm loving our sweet big boy at age 2 1/2!

1 comment:

Aunt Deb said...

simply precious!!!