Thursday, January 28, 2010

Locked Out?!?

I stayed home from work today to be with the boys since Noni had to go to the hospital with G'Pa. Our morning started out fine. Both boys were up by 8 o'clock. They then got their diapers and clothes changed and had breakfast. After breakfast we were going to play before it was naptime. It is about this time that Bryce decided to take a poo-poo. After I changed his diaper I opened the door to the garage to throw it away and decided to get the mail while I was out. Well, our doorknobs open from the inside when they are actually locked on the outside. There I was, in my pajamas, long robe, and Brian's shoes! I had no way to get back into the house! I tried every window without any luck. I then saw the mail truck at the end of the street and thought I'd ask to use his cell phone so that Brian could come home. As I was walking to the mail truck I noticed that our neighbor's truck was running so I asked to borrow his phone instead. I called Brian, who thought this was all a joke, and then returned home to watch the boys through the window. Our neighbor was so wonderful...he brought his truck up and parked it in our drive and insisted that I sit in it (even is just for a few minutes at a time) to keep warm. He even brought gloves and hot tea! Hudson thought I was playing a game with him and he laughed everytime he would see me come to the window. Anytime Bryce would begin to fuss, I'd ask Hudson to "turn the music on" and he would! I cannot believe that Hudson knew what I was asking! He would run right over to Bryce's toy and turn it on and the music would soothe Bryce! I cannot believe that I locked myself out of the house; however, it wasn't much of a disaster thanks to our neighbor and my wonderful husband!
The photos below were taken moments before the excitement...



1 comment:

Noni said...

I hope Hudson always looks after his little brother like he did today! Your neighbor is proof that there are so many good people out there.