Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher Appreciation







May 7th began Teacher Appreciation Week.  The previous weekend I asked Hudson what he wanted to make for Ms Mary Ann and he quickly replied "a sandwich!".  Since we weren't sure if she would appreciate a sandwich we opted for an apple theme instead!  We I wrapped an apple scented candle in tissue paper and added a little detail so that it looked like an apple.  I also wanted to take a treat to class with Hudson.  Originally I wanted to take donuts with red icing but learned that Dunkin Donuts only carries certain colors for certain seasons.  Instead we asked the bakery at Walmart to add some red frosting to cupcakes and we added pretzel stems and paper leaves.  Since the gift was from Hudson I wanted him to "sign" the card.  He said he drew a snake for his signature!  Hudson was extra spunky the morning we delivered our gift so I wasn't able to get any pictures of him with his teacher!  He was too busy trying to sit in a yellow chair that a little girl just got up from...she was NOT happy about that, lol!  Hudson has grown so much from his first year at "preschool".  He will be moving to a new classroom the first week of June ready to start pre K.

No comments: