Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1 & 2 Yr Check-Ups

Today the boys had their check-ups. Although they are both peanuts, they are both healthy and certainly happy! They were very well behaved while waiting to get called into the office. They sat side by side (across from another little boy) and colored and laughed. Bryce weighed in at 19 pounds 6 ounces and is 29 1/2". He received 2 shots, one in each arm, and was not a happy camper. Poor baby screamed! Bryce was actually very upset even when the doctor wanted to look at his ears etc. He doesn't like to be bothered. Hudson, on the other hand, was a big boy today. Not only did he get weighed on the big scale (at a little over 23 pounds) but also got his blood pressure taken. When getting into serious mode he tilts his head down and looks out through the tops of his eyes while holding his mouth open a little, lol! I believe Hudson was 33" today. Progressing to big boy status also means I don't get the updated stats sheet from the nurse that I'm used to getting- I did not realize this; therefore, I didn't log Hudson's information. Anyways, today we asked about Hudson's eye (like we have in the past) and since he is now two years old and hasn't grown out of it we were referred to a ophthalmologist. The pediatrician is thinking he may need glasses to strengthen his weak left eye, but we'll see after his next appt. Finally, while at DQ this evening Hudson fell and hit his mouth on the floor! The inner corners of his two front teeth are slightly chipped and I'm devastated! I am new at this mom thing so I have no idea how to handle such a situation! We immediately came home and I called Urgent Care. They advised me to call the dentist. Since his teeth are not loose and they do not seem to bother him at all, the dentist thinks everything is fine. He did say that he'll look tomorrow if I want- so I'll wait to see how he's acting tomorrow. I do think that he is fine and it definitely hurt Mommy more than him!!




No comments: