After breakfast, around 9:30 am, I dressed Hudson in his BIG BOY underwear! I was instructed to keep reminding him to let mommy know if he had to go potty and praise him if his underwear remained dry. This I did. I sounded like a broken record and even began to make up songs about his big boy underwear.
9:42 am- Hudson had his 1st accident. As soon as I saw his dribble I ran him into the bathroom and placed him on the potty, explained to him that he needs to let mommy know, and gave him fresh underwear.
10:10 am- Hudson had his 2nd accident. This incident was full of drama! I was changing Bryce's diaper when Hudson wondered into the bathroom saying "pee pee" so I ran in to place him on the potty. When I returned to Bryce, whom I didn't place a new diaper on because I rushed to Hudson, he was peeing. Nice...I'm potty training Hudson and getting peed on by Bryce! So I went to get Bryce new clothes, and made Hudson join me since I was watching him like a hound dog, only to come out of Bryce's room to find that Hudson peed in the hallway. At least this was on the tile and was easy to clean.
10:45 am- Hudson had his 3rd accident. I laid him down for an early nap (and a much needed nap for mommy) and heard him yelling "potty". Yay, he's telling me he had to go. Nope, he was telling me that he already went! Time to strip the bed, clean the child, wash some laundry. Needless to say, nap time was not going to happen right then.
11:56 am- Hudson had his 4th accident. He asked for more juice (and the guide says to offer lots of drinks for more opportunities to train) so I gladly gave him more. As he was drinking, I explained that he needs to let mommy know when he has to pee. I swear the words weren't even finished leaving my mouth when he started to go! I scooped him up, ran the potty and repeated all steps, patiently and lovingly, as instructed.
12:14 pm- Hudson had his 5th accident. I believe he was intently watching TV, ignoring all of my reminders, when he started to go. I think by now you've caught on to what I did from here...
12:29 pm- Hudson had his 6th accident. This time I told him that he would get a yummy treat if he put his pee pee in the potty. He was all about the yummy treat (which was a Junior Mint- umm yummy). Hudson ran to the bathroom saying "yummy treat" so I placed him on the potty and explained that he would get a yummy treat if he went potty. Well, he stood up and began playing with the bathroom door and I was sitting directly in front of him repeating the same thing that I've been saying all day when he began to pee on ME! I immediately placed him on the potty and some did make it in there (but I don't think this counts)!
Okay, so by now, I've placed a diaper on Hudson and put both him and Bryce down for a nap. I think that he may not be ready (and I know that I am not) for potty training. I think I'll give him a month or so and try again. Hopefully today will make it a little easier in the future!
1 comment:
Come on now, you only have two and a half more days to go. Hang in there. He isn't gong to get it if you stop now.
Post a Comment