Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gym & Swim

Hudson started his Gym & Swim classes today at the "Y". He really enjoyed playing with the balls and balloons. I thought that he would have been more interested in the other children than he was, but he was having lots of fun. He hardly ever played on the mat with all of the activities, instead he took advantage of the large gym and ran all over. He did go through the tunnel a couple of times which surprised me. Hudson turned to all smiles as soon as we hit the water. He wasn't scared at all and he actually seemed pretty adventurous. I think he wanted me to let go of him, which of course I did not! This first swim class was about getting the children used to the water so we sang a couple of songs, let the kids float on their backs and bellies, and they even sat on the edge of the pool and "jumped" in! I think he did a wonderful job and if continues to enjoy this we will be movin' on up to the guppy class!








1 comment:

Noni said...

He certainly looked like he enjoyed the water. Olympic swimmer, hmmm - perhaps!!