Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Miserable Night

Okay, so yesterday was my first day back at work. I missed my boys terribly and was so glad to be greeted with two big smiles when I got home! Hudson has been sluggish for a day or two with a slight fever so I just assumed that he was getting his molars, but last night he was especially out of sorts. He fell asleep on the couch with Daddy around 7pm (which is very rare because this is usually play time) and I let them sleep until about 8. At 8 I took Hudson's temperature because he felt hot and his eyes were very glassy. I got over 103 degrees on his forehead, under his arm, and orally so I called the doctor. She recommended giving him Tylenol and taking him to the ER. After hours of waiting, blood work, and a chest X-ray it was determined that Hudson has pneumonia. The poor guy had a very long night and we didn't get home until 2 this morning. Needless to say I called off work to take care of my little man and good thing because he really wanted Mama today. Noni came to help and we took turns alternating boys to take care of. Hudson is on an antibiotic so I pray that he is back to his old self soon!

1 comment:

Noni said...

I'm so glad that I'm in the position to be able to help. I love each one of you.